Ellis County is looking for a full-time Truck Driver to join our Public Works team. Serving our communities, collaborating with our teammates, ongoing training and support, and generous benefits are just a few of the many reasons we love working for Ellis County!
Under the supervision of the Road Foreman, the Truck Driver hauls material to the job site for repair and construction of roads within Ellis County. In addition to safely and efficiently operating vehicles, the Truck Driver performs routine manual work in the operation of light and heavy equipment for loading and transporting materials.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates equipment such as a tandem truck or loader in the transportation of materials;
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance;
- Operates tractors, mowers, and other related vehicles;
- Mows grass, hauls soil, sand, road, gravel, and asphalt;
- Loads materials and performs work-related manual tasks as required;
- Spreads granular surfacing on county roads and bridges; and
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of safety operations of equipment.
- Ability to operate a truck, tandem-axle truck, loader and other related equipment.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Vision Plan, Holiday Pay, Life Insurance, Longevity Bonus, Retirement, Deferred Compensation Plan, Paid Time Off, AFLAC offerings.
Ellis County works to foster diversity and looks forward to applications from all qualified applicants. Ellis County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. This position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to apply. Submit your Ellis County application online. https://www.ellisco.net/Jobs Ellis County Paper applications may also be delivered or mailed to Ellis County KS Administrative Center, C/O Human Resources, 718 Main Street, Hays, KS 67601
High school diploma or GED and one year truck driving experience are required. A class B commercial drivers license with tanker endorsement is required and we can support the successful applicant in obtaining this requirement.
The successful applicant will also be required to participate in the FHWA (CDL) drug-testing program.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work may require the ability to exert up to 75 pounds of force at times and/or negligible amount of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Also requires the ability to talk, see, walk and make rational decisions. WORKING CONDITIONS: Manual labor is required. Weather conditions are a factor in this position.