3 Positions Available - Season is May 1 to October 1 but is subject to end sooner depending on the needs of the City.
Under supervision, the Seasonal Maintenance Worker I performs manual labor for the department. This employee completes a variety of service, construction and/or maintenance tasks by constructing or maintaining streets, alleyways, sidewalks or similar areas; maintaining medians and rights of way; mowing, trimming and edging; or completing equipment maintenance. Other duties include related tasks which contribute to the upkeep and care of buildings, facilities, grounds, streets, alleys or utility services, or other municipal properties.
- Repair maintain and construct streets, alleys and sidewalks, culverts, storm sewers, catch basins, headwalls.
- Conducts traffic safety by directing flow, utilize traffic cones and barricades
- Maintains drivable streets by removing debris, grading, patching and ensuring proper drainage
- Installs and maintains street signs
- Maintains and operates department equipment, asphalt roller, crack seal machine, paint striper and other equipment
- Assist other departments as assigned
- Follow department safety procedures and practices along with department policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned or deemed necessary
Duties, responsibilities, scheduling, shift assignments and work location, may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Pay, Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent and a valid driver’s license is required. One to three months similar or related experience is required. Starting rate of pay is $14.23 per hour.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A working knowledge of equipment maintenance and repairs, welding, mechanics and mathematics is required. This employee should be able to operate pumps, motors, power tools, hand tools, and other department equipment. The ability to understand and anticipate problems, to follow department policies, and to interpret written instructions, blueprints, schematics, and manuals is required. This employee should possess a strong mechanical aptitude, and effective public relation, oral and written communication skills.
This position will be open until filled.
Complete our online application and upload your cover letter and resume via our website at www.springhillks.gov
Paper applications printed from https://www.springhillks.gov/DocumentCenter/View/678/Employment-Application?bidId= .
Send completed application, cover letter, and resume to: