- Positive attitude and willing to learn/take on new challenges
- Great work ethic
- Skills, expertise, and experience that will add value to the organization and benefit our residents/taxpayers
Most importantly, a successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, take personal pride in their work product, possess a positive attitude and willingness to learn, and be accountable and dependable.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESBelow is a list of job duties and responsibilities you may be asked to perform.
- Water line maintenance and repair, tapping lines, installation of water meters, etc.
- Fire hydrant replacements
- Water sample collection
- Wastewater plant cleaning and maintenance
- Sewer line maintenance
- Lift station and pump maintenance
- Asphalt road patching and repair
- Storm gutter cleaning and maintenance
- Concrete removal, repair, and installation of valley gutters, curbs & gutters, sidewalks, and road sections
- Street sign repairs
- Snow and ice removal
- Building repairs, improvements, and maintenance
- Mowing and assorted landscaping duties
Individuals will be expected to have or work to acquire the following skills and certifications:
- Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Water Operator I and II certification
- Wastewater Operator I and II certification
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a valid Kansas driver's license with a clean driving record
- Ideally have a high school diploma or GED
WORK ENVIRONMENTIndividuals will be exposed to extreme temperatures and engage in strenuous and prolonged physical exertion in order to complete duties. Manual labor including lifting and carrying heavy loads, extensive walking and the ability to operate departmental equipment is required daily in this position. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to one hundred (100) pounds.
They will also be exposed to loud noises and flammable fuels and solvents.
Individuals will be assigned weekend checks of the water and sewer system and serve in an on-call capacity on a rotational basis at the conclusion of a probationary training period.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITSStarting compensation will be based on experience and skill set within the following ranges:
Maintenance Worker I ($15.45 - $19.00)
Maintenance Worker II ($19.00 - $23.10)
The City of South Hutchinson provides employees with one of the best health insurance/dental/vision plans in the region and covers 85% of the cost for their employees. Employees will be enrolled in the Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS). They will also receive vacation days, sick leave, on-call pay, and gym membership reimbursement.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the attached application by clicking this link: South Hutchinson Employment Application.
If you have any questions, please contact City Clerk Denise McCue at [Register to View] or via email at [Register to View]