Under the supervision of the Public Works Director, the Street/Parks Supervisor is a non-exempt position under FLSA which performs supervisory activities and manual labor (semi-skilled and unskilled duties) for the department. This employee is responsible for overseeing the daily operations, scheduling maintenance and construction activities as well as maintaining department equipment and records for both street and parks related functions. This employee has supervisory duties over the department personnel and should possess a strong mechanical aptitude as well as excellent communication, organizational, public relations, ground maintenance and supervisory skills. Must be able to input data and be familiar with management software.
Section II: Essential Duties of the Job.
- Oversees daily operations of the Street/Parks Department
- Responsible for supervising all Street/Parks personnel and activities to include time sheets, budget and employee evaluations
- Prepares and manages all Street/Parks Department budgetary items including Capital Improvement Projects
- Prepares short and long-range planning for Street/Parks Department operations
- Schedules and assigns work of Street/Parks Department personnel
- Responsible for snow removal operations for the City
- Follows and enforces department policies and procedures
- Follows and enforces safety procedures and policies
- Prepares annual budget for the Street/Parks Department
- Tracks and maintains records via the computer system
- Ensures safety certifications for Street/Parks employees is obtained
- May be subject to overtime & call-backs
- Performs other duties as assigned or deemed necessary
- Assist with maintenance, repairs and construction of city streets, sidewalks, ditches, alleys, right-of-ways and street signs.
- Assist with maintenance and repairs of department vehicles and equipment
- Assists with maintenance including buildings and structures in parks, playground equipment, debris removal, tree trimming, mowing, landscaping and turf management
- Operates and maintains equipment
- Work with homeowners, businesses, developers, utility companies and others on capital projects, utility relocation and easement acquisition.
- Inspect streets and stormwater facilities in new development projects and existing facilities
- Assist other departments as assigned or deemed necessary
Duties, responsibilities, scheduling, shift assignments and work location, may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Pay, Education & Experience:
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a technical degree or 60 hours of college training in maintenance or closely related field. 3 years of similar or related experience is required; 5 years is preferred. Final pay dependent on experience but position range is $30.80 to $41.58 per hour.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A thorough knowledge of equipment maintenance and a working knowledge of mathematics, fertilizer application and safety procedures is required. This employee must be able to maintain and operate loaders, trucks, rollers, backhoes, mowers, graders, tractors, skid loaders, power tools, hand tools and other department equipment. This employee must have knowledge of street and parks operations, maintenance and repair. The ability to understand and anticipate problems, to enforce department safety policies and procedures, judge distances, maintain equipment, to read and interpret written instructions, manuals, diagrams, and schematics is required. Independent problem solving and decision-making skills are required. This employee should possess a strong mechanical aptitude and excellent public relation, supervisory, organizational, oral and written communication skills in addition to financial accountability.
Street/Parks Supervisor cont.
This position will be open until filled however interviews will begin the week of September 13, 2021. The City of Spring Hill offers excellent, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as paid leave and KPERS retirement.
Complete our online application and upload your cover letter and resume via our website at www.springhillks.gov
Paper applications printed from https://www.springhillks.gov/DocumentCenter/View/678/Employment-Application?bidId= .
Send completed application, cover letter, and resume to: