The City of Marion is accepting applications for a 3rd or 4th year Lineman Apprentice or Journey Level Lineman to assist in the maintenance of electric distribution system for the City of Marion, Kansas.
The position will perform skilled work in the construction and maintenance of the electric distribution system and work closely with city personnel under the supervision of the Public Works Director. The employee in this position is responsible for exercising judgment as to the details of assigned work within prescribed operating procedures. The position is responsible for maintenance of power lines, electrical equipment, and transformers and all other work assigned by the City of Marion. Work is performed according to departmental procedures, practices, and safety regulations.
Education and Experience: (Combination of education, training, and experience will be considered) High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of two years of experience with an electrical distribution system, including at least two years in an approved apprentice program. Must maintain a valid Kansas CDL. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (not all-inclusive)
- Ability to take charge of situations concerning construction and maintenance of the electric distribution system. Should have good knowledge of primary circuits, load consumption, electrical hookups, safety procedures, and all types of transformer banks.
- Ability to operate bucket truck, tension equipment, electrical test equipment, meters, fault locators, and other related equipment.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under general supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Range: $16.00 to $30.00 per hour, depending upon experience
Date Opened: November 12, 2020
Date Closed: Open until filled.
Hours: 7:00am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday. Overtime and emergency call-outs required.
Residency: Employee should establish and maintain residency within a 15-minute drive from the City of Marion and shall fulfill this no later than 3 months from hire. Residency preference would be to live within the city limits.
City of Marion is an EEOC Employer.