- Evaluates immunization records and provides necessary vaccinations or other action based on the latest immunization schedule and applicable policy/procedure;
- Obtains lab specimens for the screening and/or diagnosis of communicable or other disease, illness, or drug use;
- Provides screenings for hypertension, diabetes, anemia, cholesterol, and urinalysis, and determines appropriate action based on policy and referral criteria;
- Performs and reads tuberculosis Mantoux skin testing for screening in tuberculosis prevention and control;
- Administers vaccinations as ordered by client’s personal physicians (allergy, B12, rabies, etc.);
- Screens for head lice, scabies, pubic lice, or other health pests and provides appropriate action based on department or state protocols;
- Provides physical assessments and documentation including health history, vision, hearing, developmental screenings, and lab testing with appropriate referral and follow up;
- Performs necessary nursing services including screenings, education, documentation, referral, and follow up to the WIC program following all WIC policy and procedure;
- Conducts pre-counsel, post-counsel, and obtainment of lab specimens for testing of HIV following specific KDHE and department policy;
- Provides health education to the public or individuals regarding communicable disease, illness, STD’s, prevention of risk factors, and other issues as requested;
- Collaborates with community agencies (physicians, hospital, Head Start, jail, school, etc.) regarding client care, treatment, referral, and follow up;
- Assists in epidemiological surveillance for the prevention and control of communicable disease;
- Provides assistance for the obtainment of specimens for DNA testing as ordered by the Court/County attorney; and
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Availability to work the following hours: Monday- Thursday: 7 am- 5 pm & Friday: 7 am- 11 am.
- Working for Ellis County provides an opportunity to do meaningful work in a stable environment.
- Employer sponsored health and dental insurance + vision plan offerings, employer sponsored life insurance, KPERS retirement-disability-survivor benefits, voluntary deferred compensation plan with employer contributions, 10 paid holidays, longevity bonus and service recognition, and other supplemental offerings.
- Flexible paid time off (starting at 168 hours accrued your first year) and employee assistance plan for work/life support.
- Supportive team environment, training and development offerings, and tuition assistance for approved courses/certifications to assist with career advancement goals.
Ellis County works to foster diversity and looks forward to applications from all qualified applicants. Ellis County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information. This position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply: View the expanded job description and submit your Ellis County application online at https://www.ellisco.net/jobs.aspx . Ellis County paper applications may also be delivered or mailed to Ellis County, KS Administrative Center, C/O Human Resources, 718 Main Street, Hays, KS 67601.