- Configures and troubleshoots PC and peripheral hardware and software;
- Acts as first-line responder to desktop trouble-tickets including issues related to PC’s, printers, scanners, office productivity applications, cabling, Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) and PC security applications such as anti-virus and operating system updates;
- Performs routine troubleshooting and maintenance on PC’s, accounts, applications and UPS’s;
- Documents configurations and maintains enterprise repository of systems documentation;
- Manages County hosted telephone solution and wireless phones and devices.
- Manages PC and peripheral hardware repair coverage including recommendations and tracking of systems to be covered via critical contract versus out-of-warranty repair;
- Trains and assists computer system users;
- Analyzes PC and printer usage for the most efficient utilization of system resources;
- Performs diagnostics on hardware and notifies vendor if repairs are needed; and
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
An associates degree in computer information systems or equivalent and two years of network installation, programming, configuration and maintenance experience are required. Must possess a valid Kansas driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of operation, uses and capabilities of computer equipment.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used to maintain and repair computer equipment.
- Knowledge of basic GIS data collection and analysis.
- Skill in use of computer equipment.
- Skill in written and oral communications, organization and customer service.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance manuals and to work from sketches, drawings and diagrams.
- Working for Ellis County provides an opportunity to do meaningful work in a stable environment.
- Employer sponsored health and dental insurance + vision plan offerings, employer sponsored life insurance, KPERS retirement-disability-survivor benefits, voluntary deferred compensation plan with employer contributions, 10 paid holidays, longevity bonus and service recognition, and other supplemental offerings. Non-Exempt. Pay Grade 113, Starting Step 1 is $20.30/hour
- Flexible paid time off (starting at 168 hours accrued your first year) and employee assistance plan for work/life support. This position will work Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Supportive team environment, training and development offerings, and tuition assistance for approved courses/certifications to assist with career advancement goals.
How to Apply: View additional information and submit your Ellis County application online with the required cover letter and resume attached. Ellis County paper applications with accompanying cover letter and resume may also be delivered or mailed to Ellis County, KS Administrative Center, C/O Human Resources, 718 Main Street, Hays, KS 67601.
View our IT Support Technician Brochure for more details: IT Support Tech Brochure 2022