- Knowledge of emergency medical care and ambulance procedures.
- Knowledge of city and county geography.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Ability to analyze field situations and determine appropriate action.
- Ability to drive an ambulance, operate a two-way radio, splinting equipment, Life Pak, and other related equipment.
- Kansas state certification as an EMT, AEMT, or Paramedic
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid Kansas driver’s license
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily heavy strenuous physical activity in lifting patients, climbing, crawling, bending, or other necessary actions to find and assist the injured. Conveying and receiving detailed or important instructions to and from other workers and the public is required. Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, feel, grasp, handle, hear, pull, push, reach, stop, stand, talk, see, and walk. Working Conditions: Work performed in this position includes physical effort and exposure to infectious diseases when working as a technician.
Starting Compensation: EMT: $44,000-47,000 AEMT: $48,000-51,000 Paramedic: $54,000-58,000
- $3000.00 Sign-On Bonus
- $2000.00 Relocation Stipend
- Holiday Pay, Longevity Pay, Generous Paid Time Off (Accumulate 264 hours your first year!)
- Company Sponsored Health Insurance and Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Supplemental Insurance Offerings
- Employee Assistance Program
- KP&F Retirement and Deferred Compensation Plan
- Opportunity to advance with paid tuition for AEMT or Paramedic Course
- Free CE classes that exceed required hours for certification renewal
- Free ACLS, CPR, and PALS renewal
- Stryker load systems (lift patients with the push of a button)
- Exceptional equipment and trucks
How to Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to apply and should be prepared to consent to a criminal check, education verification, motor vehicle record check, drug screening, written test to BEMS certification level and oral interview. Submit your Ellis County Application with resume attachment online. Ellis County paper applications may also be delivered with your resume to Ellis County KS Administrative Center, C/O Human Resources, 718 Main Street, Hays, KS 67601. Applicants may direct questions to Danita Schroeder at [Register to View] [Register to View] [Register to View] .