This job is archived
The Finance/Administrative Services Director provides strategic planning for the Finance Department; serves as a key member of the City Management Leadership Team, provides strategic and operational input to key stakeholders across the organization, including City Management, senior executives and management staff across departments and agencies; actively contributes to organizational effectiveness through support and execution of City departments and agencies' strategic and operational plans; serves as a subject matter expert for responsible business disciplines and process ownership to various stakeholders across the organization; negotiates the activities of Financial Management and Administration and other City support departments to achieve agreement on specific courses of action to fulfill departmental missions; participates in team, department, and City meetings, including committees to contribute to departmental and organizational goals; recommends alternatives for problem resolution; fosters communications and relationships with City departments to determine changing needs and challenges, coordinates departmental activities, and explains departmental policies and procedures.
- Serves as Chief Financial advisor to the City Administrator;
- Serves as the City Treasurer responsible for management of the city's short and long-term debt, cash management, investments and financial position;
- Manages and supervises cash collection, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and utility billing functions;
- Responsible for the integrity of the city's General Ledger, account analysis, preparing and recording journal entries, monthly bank reconciliation and preparing monthly financial statements;
- Coordinates the city’s annual audit of financial statements;
- Assists with grant administration and meeting Federal and State requirements for reporting;
- Establishes and maintains internal control procedures and assures that State and National accounting procedures are maintained, follows Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) and guidelines issued under GASB;
- Maintains and administers all tax records including special assessments and abatements, subdivisions and benefit districts;
- Proposes financing mechanisms for City projects, seeks advice from financial advisor and bond counsel related to all city debt issuance and maintains debt issuance compliance;
- Prepares City’s annual operating budget, five year plan and capital improvement program for City Administrator and Council approval with use of revenue and expenditure forecasting;
- Manages operations and staff related to finance, accounting and payroll
- Provides support to the City Administrator and City Council, makes presentations to elected or appointed officials, regulatory agencies, department heads and staff as well as public and private agencies or groups;
- Assists with developing and coordinating of department budgets;
- Formulates and implements strategic and operational plans to support procurement and purchasing needs.
- Create and implement department policies and procedures;
- Responsible for short and long-range planning goals of the department;
- Assists with the preparation of financial related ordinances and resolutions;
- Oversees the City’s asset management program;
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
Duties, responsibilities, scheduling, shift assignments and work location, may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Accounting or a related field is required. A combination of education and experience that provides the skills and abilities in public fund accounting will be considered.
- Residency Requirements: Residence within 45 minutes of City Hall
- Driving Requirements: Must have and maintain a current valid driver’s license
- Minimum Experience: Five years’ experience in Accounting or Finance and a business work environment along with three years of supervisory experience is required.
Finance/Administrative Services Director cont.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A thorough knowledge of computers, general accounting practices, and office procedures and a working knowledge of mathematics are required. This employee must be able to operate computers, printers, calculators, telephone systems, and other office equipment. The ability to be bonded, prepare reports, memos, agendas, and other documents, to interpret data, to understand and anticipate problems, and to read and interpret ordinances, agendas, and other written instructions are required. This employee should possess public relations, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
Salary range is $41.11 to $55.48 for Finance/Administrative Services Director, dependent on qualifications. Position open until May 21, 2021, 2021. The City of Spring Hill offers excellent, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as paid leave and KPERS retirement.
Complete our online application and upload your cover letter and resume via our website at www.springhillks.gov
Paper applications printed from https://www.springhillks.gov/DocumentCenter/View/678/Employment-Application?bidId= .
Send completed application, cover letter, and resume to:Human Resources
City of Spring Hill
401 N. Madison St.
P.O. Box 424
Spring Hill, KS 66083
[Register to View] [Register to View]