Primary responsibilities include prosecution of misdemeanors, and traffic violations that occur within the City of Spring Hill and violations of Spring Hill City Ordinances. Manages all aspects of prosecution of violations of City ordinances and represents the City in Municipal Court. Services would include attendance at Municipal Court sessions, needed preparation for such sessions, and necessary correspondence with Court staff.
- Reviews police reports and other offense reports to determine if there is a basis for filing and prosecuting charges, and to determine the appropriate charges to be filed.
- Manages all aspects of prosecution of violations of City ordinances and represents the City in Municipal Court
- Correspond with court staff, Police Department, and defense attorneys as needed.
- Conducts plea negotiations and pre-trial conferences.
- Interviews witnesses as necessary.
- Responds to defense motions.
- Conducts legal research as necessary.
- Maintains proper documentation of prosecutor actions.
- Answers questions from police officers, defendants, defense attorneys, and/or the public.
- Monitors current case law as it applies to municipal court issues.
Duties, responsibilities, scheduling, shift assignments and work location, may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited law school with a Juris Doctorate degree in law. Must possess a license to practice law in the state of Kansas.
- Minimum one year of experience as a practicing attorney. Trial experience preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Attention to detail, analytical skills including research skills, ability to interpret data, ability to analyze information; computer software skills to include Microsoft Office 365; Human relations and interpersonal skills; written and oral communication skills; group presentation skills; ability to maintain confidentiality; time management to include the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines; leadership skills including collaboration skills and complex decision making skills.
Salary is $1,800 per month or $21,600 annually for this part-time opportunity. Position open until March 15, 2021.
Complete our online application and upload your cover letter and resume via our website at www.springhillks.gov
Paper applications printed from https://www.springhillks.gov/DocumentCenter/View/678/Employment-Application?bidId= .
Send completed application, cover letter, and resume to:Human Resources
City of Spring Hill
401 N. Madison St.
P.O. Box 424
Spring Hill, KS 66083
[Register to View] [Register to View]