- Books and processes inmates;
- Records all activities of inmates, including phone calls and medical needs;
- Checks prisoners on an hourly basis;
- Verifies warrants as requested;
- Dispenses commissary needs;
- Restrains inmates who do not follow instructions;
- Meets the public at the law enforcement center and supervises visiting hours;
- Assists with preparation and serving of meals to prisoners;
- Serves as transportation and escorts inmates to scheduled appointments;
- Monitors medical status of prisoners;
- Dispenses medication and notifies physician of medical needs;
- Maintains the jail in good clean order; and
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cleaning and disinfecting solvents required for sanitation.
- Skilled in interpersonal communication.
- Ability to deal with inmate problems on a daily basis.
- Ability to operate an intoxilyzer, TV camera and video equipment, kitchen equipment, and other related equipment.
High School Diploma or GED required. Certification in first aid treatment and CPR required. Must possess a valid Kansas driver's license.
Available Shifts: Evening and night shifts, with weekends included.
Ellis County works to foster diversity and looks forward to applications from all qualified applicants. Ellis County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information. This position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply: Submit your Ellis County application online. https://www.ellisco.net/jobs.aspx
Ellis County paper applications may also be delivered or mailed to Ellis County, KS Administrative Center, C/O Human Resources, 718 Main Street, Hays, KS 67601.