This job is archived
Position open until filled with interviews potentially beginning the week of January 24, 2022. Apply now for immediate consideration to utilize your talent to positively serve a growing community!!!
Under the supervision of the Public Works Director, the Administrative Assistant is a non-exempt position under FLSA. The position is responsible for providing citizen assistance, answering incoming telephone calls, providing clerical and administrative support to department staff. This employee should possess a professional manner and excellent communication, organizational and public relations skills.
- Greets the general public and answers, directs, and relays incoming communications
- Fields questions, complaints and concerns from the public and refers to specific individuals when necessary
- Performs clerical duties including typing, filing, copying, file organization and data entry
- Maintains department records including electronic files, prepares monthly reports, processes various permits and invoices, manages office supply inventory
- Cross trains in comparable areas within Public Works and Finance to serve as backup for the Facility Supervisor and Utility Billing
- Coordinates Public Works equipment and projects bids
- Manages Public Works inventory system
- Monitor and maintain the work order and asset management software
- Assists with Community Development Block Grant applications
- May be asked to serve as Secretary to the Parks Advisory Board
- Follows department policies and procedures
- Follows department safety policies and procedures
- Position may require overtime
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned
Duties, responsibilities, scheduling, shift assignments and work location, may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Pay, Education & Experience:
Salary range is $19.99 to $28.23, dependent on qualifications. The City of Spring Hill offers excellent, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as paid leave and KPERS retirement.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software programs is required
- Three years of similar or related experience is requried
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Skills in mathematics, computers and word processing is required. This employee must be able to efficiently operate computers, printers, telephone systems, photocopiers and other office equipment. The ability to type with accuracy, to interpret data, to follow department policies, read and interpret written instructions, reports and other official documents is required. The employee should possess excellent organizational, public relation and oral and written communication skills.
Complete our online application and upload your cover letter and resume via our website at www.springhillks.gov
Paper applications printed from https://www.springhillks.gov/DocumentCenter/View/678/Employment-Application?bidId= .
Send completed application, cover letter, and resume to:
City of Spring Hill
401 N. Madison St.
P.O. Box 424
Spring Hill, KS 66083